Friday, July 11, 2008

Barack, Hillary: New Best Friends

“I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views.” - Barack H. Obama
Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton: New Best Friends?


"Lately, my estimation of Hillary has been going down like a boulder in the ocean."

Some Hillary Supporters think I'm a gigantic pain-in-the-butt. The main reason is that I hold Mrs.Clinton to the same standards I do myself. My friend Abbey thinks it's critical for HRC Supporters to help her pay off her debt (of about $12 million, not counting the $11 million she loaned the campaign).

Other Hillaryites that strongly oppose BHO have a problem with the idea of going against family tradition and voting for a Republican (McCain). I basically tell them to grow up --and to stop valuing Party against country. As you might imagine, some of them hate to see me coming. Here's what I said in a major Hillary Group.

Abbey, I disagree with you on the debt issue. It's not that I don't like Hillary, because I do. I wrote until my arms fell off about her courageous and ferocious campaign and how superior a candidate she was to Obama. Lately, however, my estimation of her has been going down like a boulder in the ocean.

It's just that I don't want to hold her to LOWER standards than we do ourselves. What good does that do the woman? I don't see the logic. People who look at her as "St. Hillary" have her mistaken with someone else.

I note that she and her husband are among the wealthiest people in America. Then, I read about the man who had been unemployed for 17 months but is sending his dollars to Hillary so she won't be under the thumb of the DNC and Obama, etc. That is just plain wrong. The Clintons could write a check for $12 million tonight (actually, it's down to about $6 millon) and pay off the debt -- and they'd still be fabulously wealthy.

If what I'm saying is true -- and I hope people will acknowledge that it is -- then everyone here should be adopting my position. Truth should trump fantasy and emotion. It must do so ultimately, or we all end up living not in America but rather in the land of Oz. There are some very bright people in this Group, but when it comes to Sen. Clinton, their minds turn to mush.

People who try to defend Sen. Clinton's recent cozying up to Obama portray it all as something beyond her control. I'm told, "She had to do it to preserve her career." Her career!?!? What about preserving and protecting her country? Obama portrayed her as a warmonger, a liar, and a racist. Does any of that matter to her? Exactly, what does this career protection say about her character?

John McCain once said, "I'd rather lose the presidency than lose a war." I'd like to find even ONE Democrat, including HIllary, who says anything roughly comparable. When John McCain spent five years in the "Hanoi Hilton," I don't believe he thought much about career opportunities. In this regard, some Hillary defenders sound more like her indicters.

I'm not trying to be insulting...just telling it like it is. This is a matter of national importance, and personal feelings may have to take a back seat. I guarantee that anyone who hates the GOP, or McCain will end up hating Obama more if he becomes President...which he will if enough people stay home, or write in, or vote for a third party/candidate.



No comments: